This website has been created to introduce children to the world of stripslashes PocketPixies®. They will enjoy activities, music and online books. There are also books and products offered for sale in our online shop.
Our aim is to do everything we can to ensure your young children will be enchanted with our PocketPixies and occupied with innocent, creative and fun activities whenever they visit us.
We invite teachers, schools, parent groups and play groups to use our website for learning activities.
Our commitment to you
We are diligent in our monitoring of all the content on this website and strive to maintain a high standard of written language, content and images. The PocketPixies contribute hints, help and challenges to children to help them to be happy, polite and helpful.
Safety and security
We work hard to provide a safe site for your children when they visit us and also to provide you with an enjoyable and secure shopping site. Should you ever have any concerns or issues with anything that appears on this website or with security or shopping safety, we urge you to let us know. Please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address the security breach and/or correct any errors or problem that may have arisen.
Helpful information to safeguard your child while they are on our website or any other website
We encourage parents to give children any information to avoid online risk and help them use websites safely:
- They should not share their password or usernames with anyone but their parents.
- They should not let anyone pretend to be them.
- They should not give out their personal name, address, school information; parents work locations or any phone numbers.
- They should avoid unmonitored chat rooms where they can't be sure who are they talking to.
- They should let you know as soon as anyone contacts them and makes them feel uncomfortable.
- You should explain how they can avoid being harassed or bullied on the internet.
Help your child to avoid the dangers of cyberbullying or 'griefing'
Unfortunately, bullies can now use online facilities, mobile/cell phones and computer game consoles to upset children at any time; day or night.
While it is hard to protect your child all the time, it can help if you take some important simple steps:
- Stay aware of the signs that your child/children might be being bullied.
- Keep the computer in an open family area so you know what contact your children are having.
- Make sure your children know that you can get rid of the cyber bully on their behalf.
- Make sure your children know the importance of protecting their privacy and their passwords and make sure they know not to lend their phones to other people.
- If possible, help your child to build up their own group of friends to avoid them being alone. They will then usually be less likely to become a target for a bully.
- Visit technology sites for advice about safety and help programs are available to you.
If your child is cyber bullied - Act immediately to protect them
- Block the cyberbully. Check with your internet, mobile/cell phone provided who can help you.
- Save any evidence like emails or text messages that have been sent to your child.
- Make sure your child doesn't respond to the bully.
- Reassure your child that you will take steps immediately and that you can fix the problem
- Report the bully:
- To school if the bully is a student
- Or whichever website or phone company the bully is using (in certain cases, phone companies can track calls and take appropriate action)
- If there is any physical risk to your child then call the police immediately.
Because we value the trust that parents, young children, members and purchasers place in the integrity of our website we seek to link with sites that enhance what we offer and complement our business ethics. We retain the right to be selective as we place great importance on having affinity and co-branded partnerships that add value to our website and increase our ability to provide quality activities and fun information for young children. We seek to link with companies that demonstrate and value corporate integrity in the children's marketplace.